Read about how our other drivers got along today in round 1 of the Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 Supercup, Porsche Carrera Cup GB and Mini Challenge UK at Snetterton.
Ginetta GT4 Supercup:
- Joe Marshall in the 99 Ginetta G55 qualified in P12 and partner Seb Melrose finished in P18.
- Race 1 saw Joe Marshall finish in P9 but unfortunately, Seb Melrose scored a DNF.
Seb Melrose commented: “I was looking forward to the first race in the Supercup championship. I am constantly learning new things about the car. It was my first time experiencing new Michelins and I was looking forward to hacking my way through the field, however I qualified quite poorly. When pulling up to the lights my drive shaft went which ended my race before it had even started. The team were class so I was just gutted I couldn’t give the lads a good race. However, tomorrow is a new day so let’s have it”.
Porsche Carrera Cup GB:
- Nathan Harrison is racing in the Pro-AM category and Josh Stanton in the AM category of the Porsche Carrera Cup GB
- Harrison positioned P2 in class during today’s Porsche Carrera Cup qualifying session and Stanton finished P4 in class.
Nathan Harrison said: “First qualifying of the season. My target was to be in the top 3 of the Pro Am’s and I finished in P2, 0.002 of a second of P1 for the class so I am absolutely over the moon with that. Team HARD. gave me a faultless car and it’s a new journey for both parties, so I think we’ve done a really good job. Fingers crossed we can grab that win for tomorrow in race 1.
Mini Challenge UK:
- Kenan Dole qualified in P18 and Paul Taylor in P29
- Both drivers made some significant progress for race 1 with Kenan Dole finishing race 1 in P12 and Paul Taylor in P22.